1. From the File menu in QuickBooks, choose Open or Restore Company.
QuickBooks displays the Open or Restore Company window.
2. Select Restore a backup copy and click Next.
3. Select Local backup and click Next.
4. In the Open Backup Copy window navigate to your Data Files folder.
5. Select the required .QBB file and then click Open.
6. In the Open or Restore Company window, click Next.
7. Navigate to your Data Files folder.
8. In the File name field of the Save Company File as window, enter a file name and then click Save.
If the Have a Question window opens, click the Close button, click Do not show this again to activate the check box and then click OK.
9. Click OK when you see the message that the file has been successfully restored.