In an effort to simplify the facilitation of exams being launched from within the classroom, Certiport, the Microsoft exam delivery provider, is releasing an updated version of the exam delivery software. The new testing platform, currently set to be released on July 25th, is called Compass.
What you need to know:
July 25th, 2019 - Compass will be available through the Certiport Organizational Administrator login page for download for early adopters. You can download the installer by logging into www.certiport.com, selecting either Organization Administrator or Organizational Member from the user roles drop down, then click on “TRAINING & TOOLS” > “Compass” to download the installer.
A major update for Compass will be released through Console 8 on August 13th, 2019. Both Console and Compass systems can be used after the update until August 31st, 2019; at which time Console will be disabled.
This update will allow for all Certiport exams to be delivered through Compass and brings in the best features of Console. These include:
- Mass Deployment Capabilities
- LAN Client/Server
- Local exam delivery
- Delivery of exams without the need of Admin Rights
Supported Office Versions:
- Microsoft Office 2016 Professional or Professional Plus (32 or 64-bit) - Semi Annual Channel
- Office 365 up to Version 1808 (32 or 64-bit) must be on the semi-annual update channel; see the Office 365 FAQ for more info
These features combined with Certiport’s Online Microsoft Azure powered solution, available in Compass today for MTA and MCE, are designed to improve your overall experience as an exam's administrator.
Effective August 31, 2019 – Console 8, use and support, is terminated. If the update to install Compass has not been run, Console 8 will need to be uninstalled and Compass will need to be installed directly from the Certiport Organizational Administrator login page.
Visit the Compass systems update page often for scheduled updates.
To learn more about Compass click here.
To recap, here are the available options to install the update:
- On July 25th, 2019 you can download the installer by logging into www.certiport.com as an Organization Admin or Member and click on the “TRAINING & TOOLS” > “Compass” and download the installer.
- August 13, 2019 - This update will be made available to all Console 8.6x versions and for those systems set to receive automatic updates no action is needed.
- If you are set to receive updates manually, then, click on the “Updates” tile and follow the onscreen prompts.