We recently came across a problem where anyone running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 were unable to see “mapped network folders” in Windows Explorer.
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then right-click the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
Check out the CCI Learning Windows 8 Pro Learning Guide