You will either Need Full Local Administrator Rights or have your IT Staff on hand to go through these instructions.
This issue will usually occur if an upgrade to Office 2013 is carried out while Office 2010 is still present on the machine. The Certiport Console software will identify multiple versions of Office installed on the computer.
The user will then uninstall Office 2013, however the result is the “Multiple Office Versions” error highlighted in the screenshot below:
To solve this issue..
- You will need to edit the computer’s Registry. Firstly press the ‘Windows’ Key on your keyboard
- In the search field, type ‘Regedit’ > Right-click and ‘Run as Administrator’. Open the Registry
- Locate the Folder called ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ and click to open it so it expands its contents
- Locate the subfolder inside it called ‘SOFTWARE’
- Locate the ‘MICROSOFT’ subfolder and click to expand this
- Inside that subfolder, locate the ‘Office’ subfolder and click to expand it
- Inside that subfolder, locate the ‘15.0’ subfolder and click to expand that
- Inside that subfolder, locate the ‘Common’ subfolder and click to expand that
- Inside that subfolder, locate the ‘Install Root’ folder, select it, right-click and Delete it
- Close the Registry
- Reboot your computer and Reopen Console 8
If the issue persists, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org